Our study of Search for Significance begins in one week. I’m so excited to begin this study with you!
I first read Search for Significance about 15 years ago. I was in college and really struggling with my self-worth after a childhood of emotional and mental abuse. The truths Robert McGee leads us to in this book really helped me to begin the journey of letting go of people pleasing and instead establishing a self-worth based on what God says about me. I say a journey, because as I am rereading the book now, I see I haven’t “arrived,” but I am further along the path than I was 15 years ago.
This book, doesn’t only help us to fight Satan’s lies with God’s truths, but throughout the book McGee also gives practical application actions you can take to begin fighting those lies in your own life. Truths are no good if you’re not sure how to apply them, and McGee not only teaches us how to be hearers but doers as well.
If you need help fighting Satan’s lies in your own life, please join us this Fall. Each week we’ll have:
- Focus Verse: This verse will be one for you to journal on and think about during the week.
- Study Plan: This will be made up of reading and workbook questions from the Search for Significance. You only need to buy the edition linked in this post. The workbook is included at the end of the book.
- Questions: For you to comment on here on the blog in the comments section on the Monday post. These will help us to share with, learn from, and encourage each other on this journey.
- Apply: This will be something you can DO each week to actively begin applying what you learn to your life.
Then if you’re in the private Facebook group we’ll also have:
- Prayers and Praises: Here we’ll share our hope, dreams, concerns, and joys so we can pray for and encourage each other on this journey.
- Daily Questions: Each week day I’ll post a question for us to comment on to help us grow closer to, learn from, and encourage each other. They also serve as built in accountability. So if you need help sticking to daily Bible reading, this is where we encourage each other to show up and spend time with God each day. Anything from “QT-Done!” to a long heartfelt answer is welcome!
To join the study,
- Subscribe to OverACup.org by filling out the subscription form to the right, so you can receive the weekly emails.
- Request to join the Facebook group here, if you’d like to participate daily.
If you’re doing the study with us, please consider also being a part of our Facebook group. There you’ll find a group of incredibly encouraging ladies who love on each other and who have great insights into God’s word. I know I have learned so much from them during our previous studies.
I hope you’ll join us the Fall. This study has changed my life and I know it will change yours, too!