Welcome to our study of The Search for Significance. I’m so excited to begin with you on Monday, August 31st!
In The Search for Significance Robert McGee teaches us about the 4 false beliefs Satan feeds us and how we can overcome them with God’s Truths. These are truths about who we are in Christ that help free us from seeking the approval of others, false guilt, and hopelessness.
If you’ve done a study with us before, it will work a little different this time around. Here’s how our study will work this Fall:
- Purchase a book if you don’t have one already. You can find them on Amazon or wherever books are sold.
- Each week you’ll need to read 1 chapter in your book and do the corresponding questions in the Workbook at the end of your book. Week 1 – Chapter 1, Week 2- Chapter 2…
- On Monday you’ll receive our weekly post with a short thought and questions along with Focus Verse, Study Plan, and Apply graphics.
- Focus Verse: This will be our verse to think about throughout the week and memorize.
- Questions: These will be a way for us to reflect and connect with each other. This is a safe place to share your thoughts and ideas while also learning from others.
- Apply: This is a way for us to put into action what we learned this week. Information doesn’t do us any good unless it makes a difference in our lives, and these will be actions we can do to take a small step towards change.
- In this study we will have many different view points. All are welcome, but please share them and respond to others in a loving and Christian way. We are here to build each other up and encourage each other.
I’m so glad you’ve chosen to be part of this study! Go ahead and tell us a little bit about yourself in the comments section. Also please invite your family and friends to join you! This is a study that works great for small accountability groups.
I’m praying for you all as we wait to begin!
- Subscribe to OverACup.org on the right hand side so you can receive our weekly emails about the study.
- Join our closed Facebook group for additional encouragement and accountability throughout the week.
- Share this post with your friends and family and ask them to join you on this journey. This is a study that works well when friends join together and help each other.