As Moms it is so easy to become discouraged and feel like what we’re doing doesn’t matter. We long to see the fruit now, but all we see are tiny baby sprouts.
In this episode, Shonda helps us to remember that motherhood is a ministry. Despite what other positions God may have called you to in this season, our primary ministry and focus is our children.
Join me as Shonda reminds us:
- To trust God with the hearts of our kids
- That we need to give ourselves and our kids grace
- Discouragement will come, but God is faithful
- Mother’s Day episode: 3 Reasons Mother’s are Important
- Praying for Boys by Brooke McGlothlin
- Good Morning Girls
- The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson
- Keys for Kids
- Karen and Kids
- Mother and Son Prayer Journal by Christie Thomas
- The Wonder Devotional
- Million Praying Moms Shop
- Threadbare Prayers by Stacey Thacker
- Psalm 139 Fully Known
- Greater by Mercy Me
- OverACup Facebook Group
- Ep. 18: The Myth of the 30 Minute Quiet Time
Shonda is a wife to Jeremy (17 years) and mom to two active kids (ages 10 and 12). She taught Kindergarten for 12 years before becoming a stay-at-home mom. She’s been a home group leader, MOPS table leader, homeschool teacher, online Bible facilitator, Awana helper, and she also sings special music at church. Her family recently moved from the West coast to the East coast, and they enjoy our farm life the new area to explore. Her desire is to serve God first in her home and second in her local community.